understand that your editor will rip the audio
from a captured mpg file. Does it differentiate the left
and right channels? I need the left channel from one capture
file and the right channel from another and then put the two
together as the audio in the final product ready to burn.
Does your tool support this? My task is a collection
of multiplex karaoke laser discs that I want to convert to DVD
while my LD player is still working. The problem is
that the player processes the multiplex setting and produces the
same audio on both outputs that is either the left track vocal
demo and music or the right track music only. I have
to make a capture with vocals on and another with it off to get
both tracks. Then I need to get the different
content on the left and right channels in the image I want to
burn so that the DVD will also be multiplex. It
sounds like this is the tool I need, but it's not clear whether
you work on individual channels or not.
could use the Timeline to do the job with similar steps
to the following.
1. Put one of the two clips on the video track since
both have the same video.
2. Mute the audio for the video clip by right mouse
clicking on the clip and selecting "Audio -> Mute"
from the clip menu.
3. Put the clip with the left channel audio on the
1st audio track.
4. Put the clip with the right channel audio on the
2nd audio track.
5. In the 1st audio clip, select "Audio ->
Duplicate Left" in its clip audio menu.
6. In the 2nd audio clip, select "Audio ->
Duplicate Right" in its clip audio menu.
7. Select "Output to Left Channel" in the 1st
audio track menu by right mouse clicking on the track
button on the left.
8. Select "Output to Right Channel" in the 2nd
audio track menu.
9. Save the timeline to a project file to protect
your work by selecting the "Save As" from the
upper left corner 4 button box of the timeline.
10. Press the Export button (the red one on the right
of the timeline).
11. Select the "Automatic" template and the
export job will start automatically without minimum
re-encoding of the video.
12. Check the output clip in the Input monitor by
finding it in the Clips page of the Project
Manager and double clicking on it.
Other FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)